Saturday, July 7, 2007

करते की विद्या है..... करने से आती है

"करते की विद्या है..... करने से आती है" (It is an applied talent, it comes only with application)


These haunting words from Gulzaar Saab echo in my head... and irritate me all the time. They challenge my belief...that creative people like writers are probably born with the exceptional talent of playing with the words. They need not sit for hours like us trying to create magic...it probably comes naturally and instinctively to them. Thats why it was surprising to know that Gulzar saab till today religiously follows the routine of sitting for hours in his office and just writing. Amazing...

Well...if he can practice it...why can't I?? Probably, this was my last resort to come out of the writer's block that I have been facing. So, today, after being persuaded and goaded by my wife, I finally decided that I will sit with pen and paper and keep thinking, pondering, scribbling till something worthwhile takes shape. It took long...five hours...but to my surprise...the pen started flowing again...and after these gruelling five hours...my moment came and in minutes I had two poems in front of me.

Here are they:

1. Phoenixes...

The pen in my hand
Frantically moves
Creating magic with words,
Oblivious to
The pool of blood all over
On the floor,
The corpse lies there
Unattended...
Like the many
Trampled over daily,
The stink of the rot
Or is it...
The stink of the rut
Suffocates,
The hardened skin
All peeled...
The seven-year itch worn off,
Stabbing wounds tell the story,
Was it the dagger?
But there's none around...
Oh No!!
It was the PEN
The paper is all red
And probably...
It is not just the ink,
The gestation was much longer
this time.

Last Night,
I brutally killed Myself...
To be REBORN.

2. The Love Affair

What you call a beautiful poem
Is nothing but
An Aftermath
Of My wild Love-making
With the naked Whiteness
Of the blank paper.

Words...
Splashed all over it
Erratically
Like the Unmindful
Passionate Kisses.

- Me, who else
Penned right now

I must have known that advices from Creative Geniuses like Gulzaar Saab are meant to work.

I finally feel emancipated.

No comments: