Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Long Hiatus Yet Again.....

Well....my career as a writer and a poet has been soooooooooooooo punctuated. So, I find myself here again after almost 9 years. Not that I didn't write in between this time.....there were quite a few articles, posts and poems that I wrote....but they never found there way to this blog. Will try to fill that in....as and when possible. 

Trying to resurrect this blog once again....& doesn't it go well with the Title. I don't like to create new ones. This page, this title, the webaddress & most importantly the word - Phoenix captures the essence so aptly, that I can't abandon it. Suits my temperament also....the emotional, sensitive person that I am....who often seems to have moved on, but deep within always remembers and keeps the flames burning.

Hope this time I am regular & consistent. Giving it one more chance...

Whenever, I find myself at cross-roads in Life...I turn to my words. My poetry is My Saviour. Guess....once again...its time to Stop, Go Slow, Dig Deep & take some tough calls.

आज शाम बैठा सोच रहा था
एक मुद्दत हुई खुद से मिला नहीं

साँसें तो चल रही हैं
पर एक उम्र हुई मैं जिया नहीं

शोर आखिर इतना था
कुछ आवाज़ें कभी सुनीं नहीं

दिल की कितनी गालियाँ ऐसी हैं
जिनमें एक अरसे से मैं गया नहीं

कुछ धुंधला सा याद पड़ता है
बचपन में
अरमानों के कुछ बीज बोये थे

उम्मीदों से अक्सर उन्हें सींचा तो
पर कभी ठहर के देखा नहीं
वक़्त ही कहाँ था

इतने बरस बीत गए

आज नज़र पड़ी
पौधा अब बड़ा हो चला है

कुछ ख्वाब अब पक गए हैं
आओ इन्हें तोड़ लें

टूट के गिरे तो
बिखर जाएँगे.....

Penned on 13th Feb., 2016

No comments: